Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with the Avocado Co-op. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
What personal information we collect
- When you sign up to buy a membership in the co-op, we collect your email address and name.
- When you buy a membership we collect your street address
- For credit card processing and payment we use stripe's API. We retain a token which in combination with secrets store on our servers can be used to charge your credit card, but we do not store any credit card information directly.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Avocado Co-op new product options, regional growth, and development. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
- If you subscribe to the Care Package your member email is used to remind you to order, when deliveries will take place, and when picks are happening.
- When you order products your member email is used to send you invoice and representation of vritual goods.
C🍪okies and other Tech
Our website only uses HTTP cookies to store a session id and a tracking cookie used for Google Analytics. The sesssion id isn't personally identifiable information unless it is combined with our database in a timely manner.
You can disable cookies if you like, but certain features including login and buying products will be disabled. Check your web browser's documentation to find out how to disable cookies.
As is true of most internet services, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Avocado Co-op website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
The Avocado Sustainability Co-operative Inc., 42 Menno Street, Waterloo, ON, N2L 2A7